Monday, January 20, 2014

FRUIT OF LOVE

Fruit of love
Sanjay Adhikari


(Beautiful Ms. Dani is sitting hand in hand with Mr. Bobby McGee, on one of the benches in the park, counting coppered leaves strewn about. In the absence of warmer clothes, the excitement of new love keeps them warm. A mellow strain plays in the background. )
Dani       :               What are you thinking my dear?
Bobby   :               Nothing! Just the apples.
Dani       :               Oh how I love apples! I would die if there were no apples. Tell me, what do you like more?       Me, or the apples?
Bobby   :               (Chuckling) I am afraid, I‘ll have to choose apples.
Dani       :               you are such a cruel man Bobby. Why on earth am I stuck with you?
(The tone of music grows a little grim. There is uneasiness in Bobby’s eyes.)
Bobby   :               I was just fooling! You know I wouldn’t choose anything but you. Oh come on! Don’t be so mad. You were saying something.
(Bobby pacifies Dani with his caresses. Music is mellow again.)
Dani       :               No darling, you said something first.
Bobby   :               I said pears.
Dani       :               (excited) Yes! How I love pears! I would die if there were no pears.
Bobby   :               (puzzled) I thought the apples killed you.
(They look at each other for some time.)
Dani       :               I love you Bobby.
Bobby   :               I know.
(Bobby is staring in the void and the strain plays on.)



No comments:

Post a Comment